Sunday, February 10, 2008

Cantors Conference I

Musical Note

By Cantor Sherwood Goffin
Gala Jewish Music Conference in Teaneck–Free Admittance To All

This Sunday, the Cantorial Council Of America, an affiliate of the Belz School of Jewish Music at Yeshiva University, is presenting a free program including myself, Cantor Joseph Malovany, Cantor Yaakov Motzen, Rabbi Tzvi Hirsch Weinreb (Exec. of the OU) and Cantor Bernard Beer, Director of Belz, in a full-day synagogue music educational program at the Roemer Shul in Teaneck. At 10AM I will be presenting “Highlights of the Shacharit Shabbat prayer” as found on my new MP3 program, a project of the Belz School and Davka Software. At 11:15, Cantor Beer will present “Highlights of Musaf”. An optional Lunch will then be served at noon, for a cost of $25. At 1:15 Cantor Motzen and Rabbi Weinreb will present “The Music of Modzitz” and how the music can be effectively used in davening. At 2:30 Cantor Malovany will present “New Cantorial Selections for the needs of today’s synagogue”. It is a program for everyone who has an interest in the music of the synagogue, and I would love to see many LSS members joining with us. Pre-registration is not necessary, except if you expect to have lunch with us. To reserve for lunch or any questions, call the Belz School at 212-960-5353 or write to belzschool@aol.com.

The Roemer Shul is Cong. Keter Torah at 600 Roemer Ave., Teaneck. Take the GW bridge to Rt.4, exit at River Rd., go left on River Rd.. At Roemer Ave. turn right and you will see the shul on the right. Buses from Port Authority go there as well. See you on Sunday!

Daven Well and Sing Along!

Unfortunately, I didn't get this in time to post. We hope the CCA will produce videos - the presentations were all videotaped. If you're interested in so-so MP3 recordings (the voices are too quiet, the singing is pretty loud), drop me a note, or leave a comment with your email address. Also, I missed Cantor Goffin's presentation. I would advise yez to buy his new MP3-CD, "Be a Baal Tefillah: The Shabbat Davening".

1 comment:

Michael Kopinsky said...

Please could you email me the mp3s?

You have my email address.